The Veritas WHEEL MARKING GAUGE solves most of the problems associated with traditional marking gauges.
There are two main problems with a typical traditional marking gauge. You have to tilt it at just the right angle to avoid pin chatter and even then the pin tends to follow the wood grain, throwing off your line.
This is the Standard Non Graduated version.
The hardened steel wheel cutter scribes perfectly at any point of its circumference.
Since it cuts wood fibres rather than tears, it marks cleanly even on cross grain.
The wheel’s single-sided bevel also pulls the gauge face against the stock, maintaining accuracy.
Its cutting edge is at the extreme end of the rod, useful for transferring dimensions such as tenon shoulder and mortise depth.
The wheel retracts into the face of the gauge for storage and protection.
Very easy to set, since each has an internal O-ring to keep light but constant friction on the rod.
- Accurate, premium quality marking gauge from Canadian makers Veritas
- Ideal to mark the groove for the bottom of shrink pots
- Sharp, hardened steel wheel cutter – preventing tear-out
- Single bevel eliminates grain following
- Cuts a fine line for accurate chisel or knife following
- Flush-mount wheel cutter for transferring dimensions
- Recess in brass face protects wheel cutter when not in use
Every product that leaves the Veritas workshop is made to high engineering tolerances and this tool is no exception.
The Veritas WHEEL MARKING GAUGE is a neat and easy to use alternative to marking up the groove for shrink pots.