Hermes Self-adhesive ABRASIVE FILM is an inexpensive way to achieve amazing sharpening results.
The use of abrasives for sharpening hand tools is becoming increasingly popular. This is due to the fact that you can achieve amazing results working methodically through the grits.
Perfect for axes, knives, chisels and gouges.
Comes on a roll of 2.5 meters (8′ 2 1/2″) long x 100mm (4″) wide.
When it stops cutting, simply cut a new piece off the roll, peel off the adhesive backing and attach the abrasive to a flat surface.
Very flat surfaces such as float glass, granite surface plate or an engineered plate will give excellent results but a planed seasoned piece of hardwood or even MDF will work perfectly for most tools.
The Woodwright SHARPENING SET provides a great starting point for the use of abrasive paper for tool sharpening.
FIVE grits available:
- 3- grit set including one roll each of 600g, 1200g and 2500
SELECT FROM THE DROP-DOWN BOX ABOVE
Hermes Self-adhesive ABRASIVE FILM should be lubricated with water to reduce glazing over.
- Aluminium Oxide resin bonded abrasive film
- Great for tool sharpening
- An excellent self adhesive abrasive for many uses
- Use with water as a lubricant
- Highly tear-resistant and uniform polyester film