Pole Lathe TOOL SET II is a carefully selected set of 4 turning tools specific to the pole lathe.
Also includes a bradawl to get the metal centers aligned a tin of Bodger’s Billet Wax to lubricate the work piece.
Turning tools made in the UK by Ashley Iles.
Each tool has been specifically chosen for a particular function:
Each set includes one of the following: –
- 1 1/2″ x 7 Straight Carving Gouge – the first tool to round up a billet, also usable for other work such as bowl carving.
- 2″ Alongee Chisel – flattens and smooths, can also used with a mallet.
- 3/4″ skew chisel – creates features such as ‘beads’ on chair legs (not for use with a mallet)
- 3/8″ spindle gouge – shapes concave features (not for use with a mallet)
- Bradawl with beech handle – accurately creates the location for the pole lathes metal centers
- Bodger’s Billet Wax to ensure your turning blank (the billet) turns freely without a sound.
Better price than if each item was bought individually.
Each of the turning tools are slightly hollow ground and will need a quick hone on a flat stone before use.
Made from high carbon steel, with either 230mm (9″) or 150mm (6″) beech handles.
Different to Set I because the 2″ Flat Chisel and the 1 1/4″ Roughing-out Gouge have been replaced with carving tools. This means they can be struck with a wooden mallet therefore more versatile.
Everything made in the UK.
YOU MUST BE OVER 18 TO BUY THIS PRODUCT