Pole Lathe TOOL SET II is a carefully selected set of 4 turning tools specific to the pole lathe.
Also includes a gimlet to get the metal centers aligned a tin of Bodger’s Billet Wax to lubricate the work piece.
The turning tools in Pole Lathe TOOL SET II are made in the UK by Ashley Iles.
Each tool has been specifically chosen for a particular function:
Each set includes one of the following: –
- 1 1/2″ x 7 Straight Carving Gouge – the first tool to round up a billet, also usable for other work such as bowl carving.
- 2″ Alongee Chisel – flattens and smooths, can also used with a mallet.
- 3/4″ skew chisel – creates features such as ‘beads’ on chair legs (not for use with a mallet)
- 3/8″ spindle gouge – shapes concave features (not for use with a mallet)
- Bradawl with beech handle – accurately creates the location for the pole lathes metal centers
- Bodger’s Billet Wax to ensure your turning blank (the billet) turns freely without a sound.
Better price than if each item was bought individually.
Each of the turning tools are slightly hollow ground and will need a quick hone on a flat stone before use.
Made from high carbon steel, with either 230mm (9″) or 150mm (6″) beech handles.
Different to Set I because the 2″ Flat Chisel and the 1 1/4″ Roughing-out Gouge have been replaced with carving tools. This means they can be struck with a wooden mallet therefore more versatile.
Everything made in the UK.
YOU MUST BE OVER 18 TO BUY THIS PRODUCT