Pole Lathe TOOL SET I is a carefully selected set of 4 turning tools specific to the pole lathe.
Also includes a gimlet to get the metal centres aligned and a tin of Bodger’s Billet Wax to lubricate the work piece.
Turning tools made in the UK by Ashley Iles.
Each tool has been specifically chosen for a particular function:
- 1 1/4″ roughing out gouge – the first tool to round up a billet
- 2″ flat chisel – flattens and smooths
- 3/4″ skew chisel – creates features such as ‘beads’ on chair legs
- 3/8″ spindle gouge – shapes concave features
- Bradawl with beech handle – creates the location for the pole lathes metal centers
- Bodger’s Billet Wax to ensure your turning blank (the billet) turns freely and without a sound.
Pole Lathe TOOL SET I is a better price than if each item were bought individually.
Each of the turning tools are slightly hollow ground and will need a quick hone on a flat stone before use.
Made from high carbon steel, with 230mm (9″) beech handles.
YOU MUST BE OVER 18 TO BUY THIS PRODUCT