DMT Diamond Whetstone 6×2 is a classic, good all-round single grit diamond stone.
Available in 4 Grits:
- extra fine: 1200 grit (green) restores an edge to a well maintained tool
- fine grit : 600 grit (red) restores a dulled edge.
- coarse: 325 grit (blue) good to restore an edge with minor damage.
- extra coarse; 220 grit (black) aggressive metal removal to deal with dings
SELECT GRIT FROM THE DROP-DOWN BOX ABOVE
Mounted on 3/4″ (19mm) plinth and comes with a polycarbonate base, with rubber feet and storage box.
Diamond surface area 150mm (6″) x 50mm (2″).
Polka dot design allows waste metal debris to settle in the dot recesses, leaving the diamond cutting surface free to do it’s work.
This format with its 20mm (3/4″) plinth is particularly good to take the stone to the tool. This includes drawknives, axes and many other green wood working tools.
Comes mounted on a removable plastic base with rubber feet for a secure grip when sharpening on a bench.
DMT Diamond Whetstone 6×2 comes with a hard plastic cover to protect the diamond plate when not in use.
The base can also be either screwed onto the bench or onto a taller wooden plinth (if you wanted to hold it in a vice so it was tall enough for the sharpening of drawknives).
- Cuts fast
- Use water as a lubricant
- Durable and stays flat
- Take the stone to the tool or tool to stone
- DMT tools are precision manufactured, highly wear resistant and extremely effective.