The Bahco HATCHET 800g is a great option if you need to source a decent axe on a budget.
The main difference between this axe and the standard axe from Bahco (HGPS-0.6-360) is a careful sharpen in the WOODSMITH workshop and comes with a tough leather sheath.
Bahco call this a Camping Axe, and indeed will perform all those functions demanded of a small axe that can be carried in a rucksack. It will fell and trim small trees and split small firewood.
The flat rectangular poll of this axe can be struck with a mallet or branch wood to split wood.
With the WOODSMITH grind and sharpen it will be capable of most greenwoodworking duties including choked-up fine work including spoon carving.
- Curved ash wood handle, made using FSC certified stock according to DIN 5132, form B
- The bit is quite thin with a 105mm (c. 4″) long cutting edge. German style.
- Made from high quality tool steel according to DIN 7287, class B
- The head is secured with a composite plastic wedge.
- Easy storage with an 8mm hanging hole in the shaft
The one-piece sheath is custom made from a durable 2.5mm thick split leather and features a welt and is riveted for strength. These are made specifically for this axe by the WOODSMITH leather guy.
Bahco HATCHET 800g is a great entry level choice.
YOU MUST BE OVER 18 TO PURCHASE THIS ITEM.